There is plenty of parking in Stonington but you do need to know where to find it:
* MAIN STREET – Parking is available along much of both sides of Main Street and West Main Street.
* HAGEN WHARF – Parking is available in the parking lot located behind the blue Penobscot Bay Press Building/Fishermen’s Friend Restaurant/Fire House. Please note that the middle section fo this lot is reserved for patrons of the Fishermen’s Friend Restaurant, but there is public parking in the section closest to Main Street and in the furthest section behind the Fire House.
* PINK STREET PARKING LOT – Public parking lot. Pink Street is a narrow road located between Boyce’s Motel and Shepard’s Select Properties right in the heart of downtown. A half block off of Main Street.
* COMMUNITY CENTER – Go up the Opera House HIll, turn right on Memorial Lane near top of lane – a large parking lot is located behind/below the buildings, facing down the hill towards the harbor. You can then walk down a very short path to Pink Street and Main Street. A one minute walk!
* ISLE AU HAUT BOAT SERVICES – Offers paid parking spots on their wharf, Seabreeze Avenue, downtown. Locked and secure overnight.
* There is no parking at the Colwell public water access facility.
* In winter months there is an overnight parking ban on Main Street when snow is forecast.
* Overnight parking is not permitted on Sebreeze Avenue. If you are going over to Isle au Haut overnight or for a while do not park on the street. Parking services are offered by the Isle au Haut Boat Services and RL Greenlaw & Sons nearby at the top of Thurlows Hill.
* The parking lot by the funeral home at the corner of Seabreeze Ave. and Main St. is privately owned.
* Employees and owners of downtown businesses are requested to park at the Pink Street or Community Center lots so that Main St. and the Hagen Wharf parking areas are available for patrons of downtown businesses.
PARKING RESTRICTIONS ARE ENFORCED WITH TOWING
Public Restrooms are located in the basement of the Stonington Fire House (A blue building). Entry is from the Hagen Wharf parking area off of Main Street, just past the back of Fishermen’s Friend Restaurant